Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Hello out there.

I've noticed an increase in traffic, specifically to the WPW posts. If you're reading my blog because your kid has it, please leave a comment, or email me, akdryan at yahoo.com. I'd really love to talk to another parent dealing with this condition.
As of February, Jackson had no evidence of WPW on his EKG I(though he had no evidence even hours after an episode), and no episodes since January 2011. This does end, whether from outgrowth or ablation. Jackson needed no ablation, just weaned his meds. If you're dealing with this, please talk to me. It's a rare condition, in a weird, better than CVICU but worse than everybody else place.
If you're dealing with this, I'm so sorry. It's so scary, in the moment, and even years later, when every fast heart rate makes your own heart race. Please contact me, I need you as much as you need me.

1 comment:

  1. I have a four year old that was diagnosed in February with WPW. She had an arrhythmia when in utero and they did an echo when I was pregnant and an EKG right after she was born and neither showed anything. She had her tonsils out in January and they saw the abnormality on her EKG then. We have been to a cardiologist for the diagnosis. I just feel there is not really anyone to talk to about it. There is official information but not community to talk with.
    She has never to our knowledge had a high heart rate. I worry about when it will happen and what will trigger it. As she gets older she will spend more time away from me and I worry that it will happen then.
    We do not drink soda but I worry about caffiene and that triggering it. I just want people to talk to about this.

    ReplyDelete