Friday, March 16, 2012

8 weeks

and 2 days.
I had another ultrasound on Tuesday, and we saw a baby that was a perfect size with a heart beat! No movement yet, but probably soon. My next ultrasound will be between 11-13 weeks, the NT scan. I'm very excited. I wish you could get ultrasounds every 2 weeks or so until you start to feel the baby move all the time. I have a fetal doppler, but I won't be able to hear anything on it for another week or so. I mostly got it for closer to term, to make sure the new baby isn't in SVT. Which they won't be, but for my peace of mind, I'll have to check.
In other news, Jackson has some awesome new dance moves. He likes to spin around in a circle, and he learned how to roll his arms around each other watching one of those sign twirlers. That was funny, he was watching the guy spin the sign and starting copying him. He can say over 30 words now, which is just crazy. It's amazing to be able to actually communicate with him. He likes to wear Chrisopher's and my shoes, too, which is hillarious. Most babies say mine, but Jackson never really heard that word, so he says I NEEEEEEED!
I'm sort of working on weaning Jackson. My supply is absolutely tanking, so he's a lot more willing to drink milk from a cup. It's strange and kind of sad, but I'll be glad to have my boobs to myself for a few months before nursing a newborn again. I really can't imagine nursing with a giant pregnant belly. That can't be comfortable. I'm planning a Disney trip with my sister in law for next month, and we're going to cut both babies off cold turkey and let the over stimulation of Disney distract them. Neither of them nurse much when they're out and about, so hopefully 3 days of  crazy will get them both out of the habit. 3 days seems like the magic time frame for babies. We'll see how it goes. It should be fun either way.

Weight: No gain yet. I have hope! By this time last pregnancy I had gained 2 or 3 pounds because the only thing keeping me from puking was constantly shoving food in my face.

Maternity Clothes: I don't really need to wear them yet, but they're so comfortable.

Cravings and Aversions: I've been craving sweet chocolate, like doughnuts with chocolate icing or Cosmic Brownies. I also have a thing for fruit, especially berries and grapefruit. It was actually kind of ridiculous how excited I was the other day when I found a grapefruit hiding in my fridge. I'm not averse to anything in particular.

Symptoms: Morning sickness is basically gone, which is a wonderful relief. Hopefully this will prevent the carb-loading induced 1st trimester weight gain. I've been having heart palpitations, which is strange. I only notice them when I'm sitting or laying quietly. I'm assuming it's just changes in my cardiovascular system due to pregnancy, but I guess I should mention that. I don't get short of breath or pain or anything, and it only lasts a couple minutes, so I'm not really worried about it. Maybe I'll get to be cool like Jackson and wear a Holter monitor.

Sleep: I have been so ridiculously tired lately, and I can't sleep at night. I just lay awake. I can't get comfortable, and I get too hot or too cold. I don't know what's up with that. It's getting pretty old.

Gender: I'm getting more convinced this is a girl. The baby is implanted slightly to the left of center, so that is apparently 98% girl. We'll see. I'm not as sure as I was with Jackson.

Health: No updates, BP still is low.

Movement: Not any phantom kicks this week. I'm so excited for this part.

Best Moment This Week: Seeing the heartbeat!!

Looking Forward To: The NT scan and Disney World!

No comments:

Post a Comment