Tuesday, January 18, 2011

This morning I woke up and realized that this is my life and career for the foreseeable future, and I've never been happier.  It's strange to see my friends from high school getting real jobs, but stranger to think that taking care of this little boy is mine.

I thought I wanted to be a nurse.  I got pregnant in the middle of nursing school.  I was supposed to go back next fall, but I really don't see that happening.  Being in the CV ICU for about a month and a half killed that idea.  I never want to set foot in a hospital again.  Except maybe to have another baby.  So I'll take the LPN boards and get that license just in case, but if all goes well I'm going to be a mommy now that I'm grown up.

I gave Jackson a taste of banana today.  He wasn't sure what to think.  He wanted my big piece, not his mashed up part.  He cracks me up.  I never thought I'd do any solids at all until 6 months, at least.  I'm still not going to do "meals" until then, but it's just so fun to let him taste stuff! 


He wants to play all the time now.  He has two teeth just below the skin, and the poor guy is teething like nobodies business, but he can't get anything into his mouth yet.  He makes due by demanding things be held in his mouth for him or chowing down on his hands.  Tummy time is rare lately.  I put him down; he rolls over.  But when he does it, he likes to talk and smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment